“Hard things are a part of life. Yet, they don’t have to have the final word. They can become the keys to our greatest usability in the kingdom of God—that is, if we let God make good of them, rather than running away and refusing the growth we truly crave”.
If that is you, I want to encourage you to take Lisa’s profound advice to sit through the uncomfortable with Jesus rather than run away!
If you are wondering why on earth you would do that when it feels like everyone else has everything that you want, rest assured that:
“God wants to make much of your life! He has anointed and appointed you for a special purpose”.
So! How do we combat comparison in order to live a life of usability?
- Admit the truth to yourself and God – things kept in the dark cannot be addressed
- Combat jealousy with generosity – rather than let yourself stew, find a way to serve
- Stop making excuses – don’t just write off comparison as your competitive drive
- Shift your perspective – what if the person you envy is actually in your life for a specific reason
Seriously! My time with Lisa never disappoints! You are in for such an incredible conversation today where we also discuss:
- How to find freedom from comparison and envy
- The important difference between purpose and usability
- Tips for showing up when you so desperately want to shut down
- How to allow God to work in you during setbacks for bigger and better comebacks
- Ways to shift the narrative from “what if” to “what is”
If you are ready to walk away equipped and motivated to weather whatever storm you face and come out on the other side stronger and more like the person God is shaping you to be, you will NOT want to miss today’s powerful episode!
I will leave you with this final quote from Lisa:
“A GOOD LIFE EQUALS A LIFE OF KINGDOM USABILITY, NOT FAME, FORTUNE, OR EASE.”
I can’t wait for you to take a listen! And if you are looking to give up comparing, performing, and achieving for your worth, I think you’ll LOVE my new book Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots! Available everywhere April 5th, but pre-order your copy today!
More From This Episode:
Connect with Lisa on Instagram and be sure to pick up her new book, ‘The Hard Good: Showing Up for God to Work in You When You Want to Shut Down’ wherever books are sold.’
You May Also Like:
- Learning To Love Who God Made You To Be With Lauren Alaina
- Why You Don’t Need To Do Something Big To Be Important With Hosanna Wong
- Essential Habits To An Extraordinary Faith With Pastor Justin Kendrick
- How Your Small Yes Can Turn Into Big Impact with Natalie Grant
- Finding Strength To Take Back Your Story With Desiree Siegfried