Worn out. Exhausted. Running on empty.
Have you ever felt this way? I know I have.
In fact, not long ago I found myself the MOST burned out I have ever been…ever!
I had just come off writing and launching my debut book, Dirt. I went right into writing my second. I was recording an epic number of podcasts… Trust me, the list goes on.
Everything was happening SO fast! And… everything was taking SO much out of me.
Then… I had a total gut check when I heard my friend, Jeannie Cunnion, talk about how she’s been wrestling with the following question:
“Have I settled for less than ALL of God?”
Friends, that question hit me like a ton of bricks. (Let’s be serious – burnout and exhaustion are not things from Above.)
In fact, it challenged me to ask myself if I was relying on the power of God, or if I was trying to do things in my own strength?
(I’m sure all of my Enneagram 3s can relate to just how easy it is to fall into the trap of doing the latter.)
Take a minute and ask yourself the same. Really dive into that question and be honest with yourself.
Such a good, yet challenging question! Trust me, I get it. I am right there with you!
It’s probably easier than ever before to fall into the “social media trap”. Everything we see is ALL about self-help and self-care in the midst of hustling as hard as you can to pursue your dreams!
But, what is this really doing? It’s putting our own selves at the center of our lives. (Humbling, right?)
However, WHAT IF we changed that narrative to pursuing “Spirit-Help”. Putting the Holy Spirit at the center of lives. Experiencing more of His presence on a daily basis.
You see, the truth of the matter is that the enemy is doing a good job trying to keep us from the FULLNESS of God. Trying to prevent us from experiencing the FULLNESS of the Holy Spirit.
But, in order to tap into the power that the Holy Spirit has to offer us, we have to really understand who the Spirit is.
And, if we are being honest, the Holy Spirit can often feel like a controversial, taboo, hands-off kind of topic, right??
It is for THAT exact reason, I was SO thrilled to talk for a second time with author, Bible teacher, and sought-after speaker – Jeannie Cunnion!
After discovering the significance of the Spirit’s work in her life, Jeannie wrote a life-changing book –Don’t Miss Out – which is an invitation to experience the essential work of the Holy Spirit—in you!
In fact, she takes the sometimes confusing, often misunderstood, and almost always under-appreciated person of the Holy Spirit and brings Him into our lives in all His magnificent glory!
So, are you like me and tired of running on E? Worn out from relying on your own strength? Feeling dizzy from the toxic thoughts swirling around in your head?
Good! Then today is the day that we do something about it together!
In today’s episode, Jeannie gives us tangible advice for choosing Spirit-Help over Self-Help. And, it can start with these three tips:
- Turn to Scripture and acknowledge who the Holy Spirit really is. He is your Comforter, Counselor, Advocate, Strengthener, Intercessor, and Champion. (He is not just some mysterious being.)
- Lean into the Holy Spirit, and stop relying on your own strength. If you would stay in step with Him, and yield to His Authority there is SO much more He could be doing in you and through you!
- Make your heart a welcoming home for Him. We spend so much time making our houses welcoming and inviting for guests, but how much time are we spending on making the Holy Spirit’s dwelling place an inviting place for Him?
Oh friends, today’s episode is packed with SO much goodness!
If the Holy Spirit has seemed more like a mystery than a gift, my conversation with Jeannie will change that in the most wonderful way when we also chat about:
- The power that the Holy Spirit has to offer
- The difference between living saved and living free
- The reason why we may be settling for less than everything and what to do about it
- How to recognize and defeat the toxic thoughts that are constantly taking up residence and swirling in a loop in your head
- Why it’s important to unpack the countless ways the Holy Spirit Champions you
If you are ready to stop struggling on your own. Ready to choose peace over pressure. Ready to start choosing Spirit-Help over Self-Help, you will not want to miss today’s powerful episode! I can’t wait to hear how Jeannie’s words change your life in the best ways!
More From This Episode:
Connect with Jeannie on Instagram and be sure to pick up her new book, ‘ Don’t Miss out: Daring to Believe Life is Better with The Holy Spirit’ wherever books are sold.’
Subscribe to the Mary Marantz Show weekly email and get a weekly dose of inspiration and grit delivered right to your inbox
You May Also Like:
- How To Stop Treating Busy As A Badge Of Honor With Emily Lex
- How To Un-Hurry Your Heart With Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Mom Set Free: How to Live From the Depths of God’s Grace with Jeannie Cunnion
- Why Trusting The Journey > Chasing Finish Linkes With Morgan Harper Nichols
- Why You Should Leave your Comfort Zone Today With Zim Flores
[…] The Power Of Spirit-Help Over Self-Help With Jeannie Cunnion […]
[…] The Power Of ‘Spirit-Help Over ‘Self-Help’ With Jeannie Cunnion […]
[…] The Power Of ‘Spirit-Help’ Over ‘Self-Help’ With Jeannie Cunnion […]
[…] The Power of Spirit-Help Over Self-Help With Jeannie Cunnion […]