We ask Him, and ourselves, ‘What is this going to cost me?’
I believe there are three, main areas that keep us in that thought process and not going for those dreams we know that God placed in our hearts. The first being:
Fear of Failure.
When I asked Rebekah about this, when we have those thoughts of ‘What if this doesn’t work out? What if others ridicule me? What if I fail?’ She had such an insightful answer, she said:
‘Well, my question back would be: What if you do? What does that mean? What does that say about you? What does that say about God? I always play it out, right.’
And she’s right. What if that DID happen? What if less than stellar results were the outcome? Is it really as bad as we think? Is that worth the pain of regret of not going for it at all? Would you have learned something, grown from it, and become better for it?
Honestly, probably. Pain of failure is easier to digest than pain of regret.
Try to play out the situation the next time you feel you’re sidelining yourself before you even start. I bet you’ll be surprised to see what you experience on the other side – and maybe even find yourself giving God your next surrendered yes.
To hear the other two areas that keep us from giving a surrendered yes, be sure to check out my episode with Rebekah out today.
In this episode we also cover:
- What is means to surrender not only control, but the struggle as well
- Why you are NOT disqualified; even when that’s all you feel
- How to say yes even when it means to lay down heartbreaking things
After listening you will be equipped to:
- Challenge your mindset when you place yourself on the sidelines before you start
- Learn what exactly to embrace and accept to take your first step
- Live life with ease and peace rather than grabbing for control
If you’re ready to take action on that idea that you can’t go a day without thinking about, the one God just keeps giving you those nudges on, then don’t miss today’s episode!