It’s probably because we believe the lie that it’s too difficult to engage with others and staying true to our convictions comes with too high of a cost.
You CAN reconnect with the humans around you again – without the dread and without simply ‘giving in.’
In her new book, Love is the Resistance, Ashley challenges us to dig into our deeply-rooted opinions and reevaluate if we are glorifying Christ through our actions.
And she’s here to share all the insights that went into this guidebook to life on hard discussions.
- Pray before reacting (seems simple, but do we ACTUALLY do this?)
- Ask yourself: What would it look like to have an attitude of curiosity
- Avoid crosstalk (and what exactly crosstalk is)
- How to be an example of patience and disagreeing with dignity
- The scripture ‘You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies’ and their interpretations
- The tangible language swaps to love – even the hard people – well
- About how we lead with love when there isn’t a relationship previously established (ahem, social media comments!)
- The different ‘buckets of concern’ that help keep your heart soft for causes you care about, without feeling helpless from the ‘bigness’ of the need