- “I’ll keep a resolution if it’s useful, but I won’t start on New Year’s Day, because January 1 is an arbitrary date.”
- “I don’t make New Year’s resolutions anymore because I never manage to keep them—I never make time for myself.”
- “I never make resolutions because I don’t like to bind myself.”
So why is it that we all respond SO differently to the exact same question?!
- Upholders– Respond readily to both outer expectations and inner expectations
- Questioners– Question all expectations and meet an expectation only if they believe it’s justified (so really they respond only to inner expectations)
- Obligers– Respond readily to outer expectations but struggle to meet inner expectations
- Rebels– Resist all expectations, outer and inner alike
Friends, this is huge!
Knowing your Tendency can help you set up situations in a way that makes it more likely that you’ll achieve your goals!
- How and why our tendencies shape every aspect of our behaviors
- Ways to make better decisions based on what works best for your specific personality profile—not what anyone else expects or demands;
- How to have more constructive relationships with the people in our lives
- The powerful tool to help us better recognize our own nature, while harnessing its strengths and counteracting its weaknesses.
More From This Episode:
Connect with Gretchen on Instagram and be sure to pick up her book, ‘The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too)’. wherever books are sold.’
You May Also Like:
- 4 Ways To Grow Into The Girl For The Job With Jess Connolly
- When To Do When Community Over Competition Gets Complication with Natalie Franke
- How to Walk Away From Playing it Safe and Pursue Your Calling with Morgan Harper Nichols
- Soundtracks: How to Change Overthinking from a Super Problem to a Super Power with Jon Acuff
- Feeling Unseen? Why Trusting the Journey > Chasing Finish Lines with Morgan Harper Nichols