Here’s the problem. It can be overwhelming!
What if I told you that you could make this happen without the overwhelm?! Without the pressure of perfection?! Would you be in?
Yes! Sign me up for All. Of. That.
- Imperfections make a home cozy – That sofa with a mark on it? It has a story behind it. That pillow that looks worn? Well, it’s seen generations of love. That faded throw blanket? It’s been used to cure many tears. Perfection is not cozy, but loving memories are.
- Be unapologetically you – It is SO easy to fall into the ‘trend trap’. Liz and I both share stories of our own struggles in this department. But! The KEY to a cozy home is creating a space for YOU and your family! It will never feel full of warmth and love if you are creating a space for someone else.
- Tap into the 5 senses of each season – Creating the ideal space is about so much more than what you just see with your eyes. Think about it. When you walk away from someone’s home (especially around the holidays) what do you remember?… The smells in the air (hot cider on the stove at Thanksgiving or the scent of fresh pine needles at Christmas). The way it felt as you snuggled up on the sofa under a soft blanket and told stories. The taste of that overdue, bold fall wine shared between friends. The sounds of the season that filled the walls of the home.
Friends, creating a home for you and your loved ones is about so much more than filling your rooms with “stuff.”
- Go beyond the surface of interior design and talk about the meaning and importance of having a cozy space
- Open up and vulnerably share our personal childhood stories and what a safe, cozy home means to us
- Discuss the importance of creating lasting traditions
- Dive into practical tips to set up your own home leading into the holidays
More From This Episode:
Connect with Liz on Instagram and be sure to pick up her new book, ‘Cozy White Cottage Seasons: 100 Ways to Be Cozy All Year Long‘ wherever books are sold.’
You May Also Like:
- We’re Missing It: How to Swap Frazzled Overwhelm for Slow, Simple & Good with Emily Ley
- How To Find Contentment In The Craziness Of The Holiday Season with Nancy Ray
- How To Un-Hurry Your Heart with Jennifer Dukes Lee
- How To Make Your Home A Place Of Rest and Refuge All Year With Sally Clarkson
- 8 Paradoxes Of Great Leadership with Dr. Tim Elmore