However, equally as true as requiring belonging, is that finding authentic community in our fiercely competitive world can feel like an impossible task.
Are you confident in your God-given abilities or do you find yourself in the comparison trap?
So then why is it that so many of us feel more alone than ever before despite living in the most connected society in human history?!
Because we are being conditioned to consume instead of connect.
The good news is that we are built to belong.
- Stop consuming, start connecting. Social media isn’t the problem, but how we are using it is. We have an opportunity to connect unlike any generation before us – it’s about making the conscious choice!
- Be bold for yourself and others. Pursue God’s path for your life with boldness and with purpose. And! Champion and encourage those around you to do the same. There is always room for change and innovation – most importantly there is room for ALL of us to lean into our God-given giftings.
- Start with one. I know it can seem like an impossible task to find your community, the people that you want to do life with. But remember, it just starts with one. Maybe that person is already in your life, or maybe they are just around the corner!
- The opportunity to step outside of the box and become exactly who we are called to be
- The dichotomy between how we can be built to belong but also created to compete, and what to do about it
- The internal and external factors that are contributing to the widespread epidemic of loneliness and disconnection
- Ways to recognize when competition becomes unhealthy and how to strike that much needed balance between community and competition
- How to start building your personal network starting with just one person
- The power of dropping the consumption of social media in order to embrace the connection aspects of it
More From This Episode:
Connect with Natalie on Instagram and be sure to pre-order her new book, ‘Built To Belong: Discovering The Power To Community Over Competition’ wherever books are sold.’
You May Also Like:
- Finding Strength To Take Back Your Story With Desiree Siegfried
- What To Do When Community Over Competition Gets Complicated With Natalie Franke
- Why You Should Leave Your Comfort Zone Today With Zim Flores
- 5 Principles To Succeed At Work & Succeed At Life With Megan Hyatt Miller
- A Mother’s Guide To Raising Herself With Sarah Bragg