Are you present with yourself?
Are you present with those around you?
Are you present with God?
And, ask the all-important question, What’s here now?
“What keeps us from experiencing peace is either living in the past or living for the future.”
When we obsess over what’s already happened or put all of our efforts into creating a picture-perfect tomorrow, we miss what God has for us here and now. The result is regret over what we can’t change and anxiety over what we feel we must change.
- Ways to embrace the present moment for all that it is
- How to balance the tension between consenting to what is while also holding out hope for what could be
- The telltale signs of not being fully present and what you can do about it
“I want to smell the basil and taste the tomato from the garden and feel the salt air on my face and the wind through my hair, and just really, truly be alive to the moment. “
I can’t wait for you to take a listen! We grow strong roots when we live in the present moment. Our eyes open to the gifts available to us each new day, and our hearts become filled with gratitude for all we have, leaving no room for worry about the future or regret about the past. Slow growth doesn’t mean you’re behind – it means you’re on a solid foundation.
My new book, Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots: finding grace, freedom, and purpose in an overachieving world, is available NOW everywhere books are sold!
More From This Episode:
Connect with Jeanne on Instagram and be sure to pick up her new book, “What’s Here Now?: How to Stop Rehashing the Past and Rehearsing the Future–and Start Receiving the Present” wherever books are sold.
You May Also Like:
- Curiosity Over Conflict with Sarah Stewart Holland and Beth Silvers
- It’s Launch Day – Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots Is Here!
- How Striving to be Important Keeps Us From a Life of Purpose with Lee Strobel
- How to Unclutter Your Soul and Find Peace with Trina McNeilly
- How to Stop Running from Your Story with Francine Rivers