Do you feel that you are struggling in a season marked by loss? Perhaps you find yourself wondering, “Where is God in all of this?”. If you can relate, then this episode is here to speak straight to your heart.
Today, Mary is joined by bestselling author, speaker, father, widower, and executive pastor – Jonathan Pitts -as the two dive deep into Jonathan’s new book, “My Wynter Season: Seeing God’s Faithfulness In the Shadow of Grief”. My Wynter Season is a memoir which recounts the tragic and unexpected loss of Jonathan’s wife, Wynter, while instilling hope for those facing and walking through loss.
On today’s episode, Mary and Jonathan candidly discuss what it was like for Jonathan to one day be married married to a successful author and magazine publisher, putting the finishing touches on their book on marriage, and the next, finding himself a widower with four grieving daughters; explore the ways he coped with the gravity of the loss while still continuing Wynter’s legacy to honor her memory; and review how Jonathan continued to have faith in God even after such a sudden tragedy.
After listening, you will be inspired to:
- Find trust even in the midst of life’s most bewildering moments
- Be encouraged that Christians are never without hope
- Be moved to know that worship, praise, trust, and faith can simultaneously exist with grief, loss, and not understanding the plan or purpose, but trusting that there is one.
If you are ready to celebrate eternal triumph of life over death, no matter what season you find yourself, you will not want to miss this powerful episode filled with honesty, love, raw emotion, and biblical truths.
More From This Episode:
Connect with Jonathan on Instagram and be sure to snag her new book, ‘My Wynter Season: Seeing God’s Faithfulness in the Shadow of Grief‘.wherever books are sold.’
You May Also Like:
- The Fight to Flourish: How the Struggle Makes Us Stronger with Jennie Lusko
- Laughing Through The Ugly Cry: Experience Joy Even Through Pain with Dawn Barton
- Relentless: Finding God Even When He Feels (Radio) Silent with Michele Cushatt
- I Still Believe: Trusting God to Redeem Your Story with Jeremy and Adrienne Camp
- Adoration: How to Experience God in the Middle Minutes of Your Day with Sara Hagerty